April 22, 2013

The Dreaded Zipper...Part Deux!

...so I did it! I made a pillow, and it has the invisible zipper!!!! YAY ME!
My class at Fabrications Ottawa was fun! It was just myself and another girl, so we were able to ask the instructor as many questions as we wanted and not feel like we were annoying anyone;) I learned how to use a serger, and used a Bernina sewing machine, which I'm told is the Cadillac of sewing machines....it was so quiet and fast!!!!!!

Here I am holding my newly made pillow....can you tell i'm proud of myself?!?!?!


That was over a month ago....forward to now, where I'm preparing for my first ever spring craft show, and I wanted to show that I've progressed my pillow making skills by making them with zippers...well guess what??? I've forgotten everything I was taught! I've spent the last few weeks watching YouTube Videos, ready articles, driving my poor mother crazy trying to recreate the above mentioned moment of PUTTING A ZIPPER IN A PILLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned for another post and more images of the zipper shenanigans...or better yet, come check out my show at Immaculata High school in Ottawa on April 27th from 10-3 pm.

xoxo.


1 comment:

  1. Looking to get a hold of Munia Elmasri...I am an old friend of her brother ...

    ReplyDelete