February 21, 2013

The dreaded zipper...

Hello fellow crafter's,

Tonight I'm heading to Fabrications Ottawa to take my first ever sewing class!
I'm excited and also nervous...I've never taken a sewing class before, nor have I sewed on a different machine before. I'm still getting to know my Huqsvarna Viking machine, so far she's been good to me, but I've yet to really use most of the features!
http://new.husqvarnaviking.com/en-CA/Machines/H-CLASS-E20

The reason I'm doing this is because typically I make my pillows with overlapping backs...like so:
 

Tonight however I will be learning to put a zipper on a pillow! I've never used the zipper foot on my machine before...I'm not even sure if I'll want to put zippers on pillows, but I figured it's something to learn and might come in handy in the future!

What I'm most excited about however is getting to buy new fabric to make said pillow! I have my eye on some of Fabrications Japanese fabrics...so unique, so fun! You can see them here:
http://fabricationsottawa.com/collections/japanese

Fingers crossed that it goes well tonight, either way I'm happy to be out meeting other creative people, learning new things and getting to buy new fabric!
(i'll post a picture of the final product if all goes well;)

xo.
munia






1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what the pillows avec zipper.

    I do like the ones pictures here though.

    :)

    ReplyDelete